Posts Tagged ‘federal doctor’

New Orthopedic Surgeon in California!

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 is proud to announce that Dr. Moshe. H. Wilker is now a member of the FedDoctor community! Dr. Wilker is a board certified orthopedic surgeon that accepts OWCP Department of Labor patients. While focusing on spinal surgery, Dr. Wilker also operates on joints like shoulders, knees, and hips, among others.

Dr. Wilker’s main office location in Los Angeles, but also has satellite locations in Rancho Cucamonga, Newport, Fullerton and even up in Fresno California! Dr. Wilker, while certainly a leader in his field, is also very passionate about helping federal employees that have suffered on-the-job injuries. He knows that the OWCP can be a very frustrating government agency to work with, but dedicates a part of his practice to understanding the federal workers compensation rules and regulations to ensure his patients get the care that they need.

FedDoctor couldn’t be happier to welcome Dr. Wilker and his entire staff to the site. Give him a call to discuss your treatment options and see how they can help you navigate your OWCP claim.

FedDoctor has a new member in Miami, Florida!

Tuesday, May 14th, 2013

South Florida is the newest city to have a FedDoctor! AmeriMed Diagnostic Services, Inc. has been treating federal employees since 2009. Dr. Samy F. Bishai, an orthopedic surgeon is the Medical Director and is proud to provide federal employees with an OWCP claim the best services in the area for their claims.

Miami has been long overdue for a FedDoctor and now AmeriMed Diagnostic Services, Inc. is making its presence known. With in-house diagnostics, a variety of therapies offered, as well as orthopedic, osteopathic, chiropractic, and psychologic evaluations available, they specialize in federal workers compensation. This can be a one stop shop for all of your federal compensation needs.

AmeriMed also offers special report writing for OWCP schedule awards and OPM disability retirement. The doctors at AmeriMed are passionate about serving federal employees.

Visit the AmeriMed Diagnostic Services, Inc. listing HERE and make your appointment to start getting the treatment and reporting that you need for your OWCP claim.

Working hard to bring you the best

Monday, April 29th, 2013

As proof of just how hard it is to find a quality doctor that understands and appreciates federal workers compensation patients, FedDoctor hasn’t added a new doctor ┬áthis month!

We know where you are; a federal employee, hurt on the job, looking for help with your injury care and paperwork to make sure you get the benefits you deserve from the OWCP.

We want to help!

We are constantly searching out physicians and caregivers that want to help federal employees with the OWCP claims and healthcare. Federal workers compensation can be so confusing and frustrating, but a doctor that understands what is required can make the difference in your claim.

We are hot on the trail of new federal doctors to add to the site to make your work injury experience better. It will not fix all OWCP problems, but they can help you with the treatment and reports that you need as evidence for your injury claim.

Keep in contact with us to learn when we find physicians in your area. We already have members that participate in states all over the country. We want to find more doctors in your area so you and your friends and coworkers can get help when you need it.

Let us know if your doctor knows how to help federal employees. Our mission is to make it easy to get help with your OWCP claim.

Find Federal Doctors

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 has been assisting federal employees nationwide to find quality physicians that understand the OWCP and federal workers compensation system. Currently, FedDoctor has members in:

Baltimore, Maryland

Washington, D.C.

Dallas, Texas

Houston, Texas

Austin, Texas

San Antonio, Texas

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Nashville, Tennessee

Phoenix, Arizona

Chicago, Illinois

Los Angeles, California

Sacramento, California

Seattle, Washington

And many places in between!

Many injured federal employees have a hard time finding a doctor that they can trust to treat them and provide them with the type of documentation that they will need for their federal workers compensation claim. It sounds easy, or even foreign, to someone that has never had an OWCP injury claim.

Many federal employees struggle to find adequate care when it comes to a federal workers compensation injury claim. Most doctors do not know the differences between state law and federal law when it comes to workers compensation. It can be frustrating and often leads to a doctor’s office deciding that they won’t take on any more federal comp claimants as patients.

This is why FedDoctor works so hard to provide injured federal employees a place that they can find treatment and help with the medical paperwork that is required to prove the points of their claims. Whether you need a causation report, ongoing treatment, surgery, physical therapy, medical narratives or even an impairment evaluation, has answers.

We work hard to make sure that information about getting care for a federal workers compensation claim is readily available in the event that you get hurt at work. Tell your friends and coworkers or share it with your union. Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter. Stay tuned, as we hope to have more news about new doctors in new areas to help you be able to get the care you need.

Find a local Federal Doctor

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 helps you find local federal doctors that understand how the OWCP works and what is required by the federal workers compensation system. These doctors do not work for the federal government. They are private practice individuals and groups that strive to treat and help federal employees that have on the job injury claims with the US government.

FedDoctor is unique as the only place on the web to find doctors that are actively looking for new patients under the OWCP rules and regulations. They want to treat your injury! Most doctors do not understand what the federal workers comp rules require. Many doctors and medical professionals want to treat patients, but often do not have an interest in the paperwork requirements that go into an OWCP claim.

FedDoctor has located the best doctors across the country that understand what the federal employee goes through when they are hurt on the job. They want to help you with the treatment, documentation, and even the impairment ratings that you need for a successful case and even a schedule award. It is easy to see why they are unique!

We always want to add more doctors that are interested in working with federal employees. They are hard to come by, but when we do find one, we want you to know about them. Let us know if you know a good one, or if you are looking for them.

Share with your friends and coworkers to let them know that there is a place to find the right doctor for your claim.

OWCP doctors help you with medical evidence and treatment

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013

Federal employees that get hurt on the job have a difficult journey ahead of them in dealing with the OWCP. Between documenting the cause of injury, diagnosing the conditions and getting those conditions accepted, and working hard to make sure that all treatments are approved through the workers compensation office, the process can be made a lot easier if you work with a federal doctor.

Many doctors can provide treatment. Finding a doctor who understands the differences between state comp and the the OWCP system can be a game changer. That is why FedDoctor exists. We strive to find the very best doctors all across the country that want to help federal employees with their federal workers compensation claims.

OWCP doctors do not exist everywhere. In fact, they can be very hard to find. Some doctors might have you in for the initial consultation, then realize that you are a federal employee with a workers comp claim. If they don’t spend a significant portion of their time working with OWCP claims, they may not be interested in continuing to treat you, or deal with the paperwork involved with your claim.

Use FedDoctor for free to find a local doctor that understands the federal workers compensation system. If you search and we don’t have one near you, let us know! we are always looking for more quality federal doctors and we want to find one in you area. We want to tell them that you are searching for them! Leave us your information so we can send you an email once we find one.

If you have a good federal doctor, tell us who they are, we want to send them more patients. Keep using FedDoctor and tell your friends and coworkers, or share it at your union meeting. We will keep finding doctors and bringing them to you free of charge!

Chicago Has a FedDoctor!!!!

Friday, March 1st, 2013

Disability and Impairment Advocates is taking federal workers compensation patients in the Chicago area!!!

Dr. Harold Pye, the Medical Director for Disability and Impairment Advocates, has been involved with federal and postal employee health care for years and we are happy to have him as a part of the FedDoctor team.

Visit his listing and make your appointment now to start getting the treatment that you are entitled to under your federal workers compensation claim. Finding a good federal doctor who understand all of the requirements involved in an OWCP claim can be very difficult. FedDoctor never stops trying to find the very best physicians and care providers to get you the treatment you deserve.

Welcome Dr. Pye and the Disability and Impairment Advocates team!

How OWCP works with ACS

Sunday, February 10th, 2013

Many federal employees with OWCP claims have become familiar with ACS.

ACS Inc., short for Affiliated Computer Services, is a massive, private company that is contracted by many of world’s largest corporations to handle information services and business process outsourcing. ACS was a Fortune 500 hundred company until it was acquired by Xerox in 2010. As of the acquisition date, ACS employed over 74,000.

What that means to the federal workers compensation claimant is that your medical providers have to work with the ACS to get paid for the health care services that they provide to you under FECA (Federal Employee Compensation Act).

When you go to see your doctor, they have to submit their bill to the ACS, not the OWCP for payment.

The OWCP directs any injured federal employee to what is known as the ACS medical provider portal to find a doctor once an injury has occurred. This list is enormous. It includes any doctor that has ever applied for a provider number from ACS. This list is not full of doctors that want to treat injured federal employees. It includes second opinion doctors, referee doctors, and scores of doctors that at one time tried to get paid for a service. This in on way guarantees that they are interested in helping you now.

FedDoctor was brought to life based on this issue. Federal employees need a place that they can find quality medical providers that specifically want to help them when they are injured at work.

We strive to find doctors that support federal employees. Search now and get started on your recovery.

Getting an OWCP claim accepted

Thursday, February 7th, 2013

Getting a federal workers compensation claim accepted by the OWCP can be difficult. In order to have an accepted claim, you must prove that the injury occurred as a result of your employment.

It sounds simple and it should be, however, medical documentation is necessary to establish the cause of injury. Often, this evidence is hard to get right, even for doctors that typically deal with workers compensation issues.

Part of the reason OWCP can be difficult for physicians is that the rules are different for federal workers comp than most state comp laws. Many doctors that are used to state law comp (which is far more common) are not aware of how the OWCP claims examiners adjudicate claims. The cause of injury must be very clear if not exhaustive.

Normal logical thinking would lead one to understand that if a doctor indicates in medical notes that the injury is work related, that would be enough to conclude that a claim should be opened and approved. But OWCP often requires more. A more detailed causation report may be required to describe exactly what actions or movements caused the particular injury.

These reports require much more time than most doctors are used to giving in these matters. Generally, doctors want to get going on the treatment and help their patients heal and return to full capacity as soon as possible. But if the claim is not accepted, the treatments may never be authorized.

That is why selecting a physician for your federal workers compensation claim is so important to your benefits. Without good documentation, your claim may never get off the ground and could result in a long drawn out fight with OWCP to get any benefits at all.

FedDoctor is here to help you with this particular problem. You don’t have to switch all of your care to your federal doctor, but it can be beneficial to at least see them for your work injury. While many FedDoctors treat other injury and illness types, they all spend a significant portion of their time trying to stay on top of the federal comp rules and regulations to ensure that when you present in their office with a federal on-the-job injury, they can help you get the treatment you are entitled to.

Many federal employees unfortunately think that they will not get injured at work and that this information doesn’t apply to them. The numbers indicate differently. 1 in 17 federal employees files a claim every year. Many never file claims because they have heard horror stories from those that have.

This kind of action can lead to even bigger problems later on. If an initial injury is never accepted by OWCP, later injuries that stem from them won’t be covered either. If a minor injury now develops into a major problem later, the employee can have a hard time getting the federal workers compensation office to accept it later. Claims examiners can point the previous, unaccepted condition as a “preexisting condition” and deny coverage based on a lack of relevant causation.

Whether you have an ongoing claim, or you were just injured, or even if you have never had an injury, understanding the difficulties that federal employees face is important. Share this information with you union and and encourage your coworkers to be prepared in case an injury occurs.

FedDoctor wants all federal employees to find competent care for federal workers compensation injury claims. We are constantly looking to add more federal doctors in your area. We don’t accept just any doctors to be on the site. We seek doctors who have a specific interest in helping with federal comp claims. If you are seeing a good federal doctor now, let us know! We want to help them treat more federal employees!

Whether you need a causation report or an impairment rating for a schedule award, FedDoctor is here to help you. Start your search for quality care today.

Understanding a Schedule Award – Part 4

Monday, February 4th, 2013

… Continued from Part 3


Hopefully now, you have had an independent medical evaluation by a quality federal doctor (hopefully FedDoctor was helpful!). Once you get your report back, it is time to go to work.

In order to get a good handle on how to calculate what your award might be, the next step is to understand what the OWCP List of Scheduled Members looks like. The federal workers compensation office uses this list of body parts to value each individual section of your body based on its importance to the whole body. Remember, this is very different from Whole Person Impairment (WPI) but uses the same type of principles.

For instance, an entire leg is valued at 288 weeks of compensation. A toe (other than great toe) is only worth 16 weeks. Here is a list of the other body parts and their corresponding weeks of compensation:

Arm 312 weeks
Fourth Finger 15 weeks
Leg 288 weeks
Hearing (1 ear) 52 weeks
Hand 244 weeks
Hearing (both) 200 weeks
Foot 205 weeks
Breast 52 weeks
Eye 160 weeks
Kidney (1) 156 weeks
Thumb 75 weeks
Larynx 160 weeks
First Finger 46 weeks
Lung (1) 156 weeks
Great Toe 38 weeks
Penis/Female Sex Organs 205 weeks
Second Finger 30 weeks
Testicle/Ovary (1) 52 weeks
Third Finger 25 weeks
Tongue 160 weeks
Toe (other) 16 weeks

The new impairment rating that your doctor provided to you is multiplied by the body part’s number of weeks of compensation. If your doctor assigned a 10% impairment to your leg, that would correspond to 28.8 weeks of compensation.

Your compensation rate is the same as your lost wage reimbursement rate. 75% of pay if you have dependents, and 66% if you do not. Multiply that weekly comp rate by the number of weeks of compensation from your impairment rating and body part and voila! You have your schedule award amount.

Now comes the hard part, submitting your claim to OWCP and hoping it is approved for the full amount! A good doctor, like the ones on this site, will be helpful. The stronger the report, the better your chances are of getting the claim approved for the highest amount of impairment.

Good luck, and don’t be afraid to ask an attorney for help. This is not legal advice, but it may be a good idea to get some!


Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: