Posts Tagged ‘local doctor’

More federal doctors in Oklahoma

Saturday, December 1st, 2012 is please to announce the addition of federal doctors’ offices in Oklahoma.

At Rehabilitation of Oklahoma, Dr. Stephen Wilson has been treating federal employees that have ongoing OWCP claims in Tulsa and Oklahoma City for years and has two brand new offices in those communities. He has years of experience and a wealth of knowledge about how the Office of Workers Compensation Programs works and understands that the reports that he produces are vital to your claim’s success.

Dr. Wilson also devotes an extraordinary amount of time to staying in tune with the latest requirements of the OWCP with regards to impairment ratings and evaluations. He has a command of the 6th Edition of the AMA Guides to Rating Permanent Impairment and can help you with your schedule award claim.

The Broadway Clinic of Oklahoma City also provides excellent treatment options for federal employees in the OKC area. Dr. J. Arden Blough has spent years learning the intricacies of the federal workers compensation system and in well versed in both the treatment and the documentation of a claim. Broadway Clinic can perform independent medical evaluations and impairment ratings to help you get the best documentation for your schedule award claim. works hard to make sure that federal employees have a place to go to find competent, quality care from a federal doctor that understands the OWCP and the requirements set for physicians who treat federal patients. We are proud that Oklahoma is home to such quality care providers. Check out their listings and make an appointment today.



Federal Workers Compensation

Wednesday, November 28th, 2012

When federal employees are injured on the job, the Office of Workers Compensation Programs is responsible for helping them with medical expenses and compensation. The OWCP has a number of different district offices that adjudicate claims. Cities like Chicago, IL, Jacksonville, FL, and San Francisco, CA are all homes to OWCP District offices.

Whenever a CA-1, CA-2 or CA-2a is filed at a government agency, the claim is forwarded to the appropriate district office. There, it is assigned to a Claims Examiner for review. The Claims Examiner will determine whether the claim has merit based on the medical evidence in the file. This is why finding a doctor that understands the federal workers compensation system is so important.

Federal workers comp is very different from state law comp. As such, most medical providers do not know how to distinguish between the sets of rules that they must follow and the burdens that they have between the two. That is why works so hard to establish an easy way for injured federal employees to find quality medical care from a federal doctor for their OWCP claim.

Remember the term ‘federal doctor’ doesn’t actually distinguish anything different about the medical care. A physician maybe be called a federal doctor, or OWCP doctor simply because of their familiarity with the federal compensation system. has sought to find only the best doctors for the injured federal worker and make their presence more known to the federal community.

Remember that having a credible physician that understands the OWCP process and how to help you with you federal workers compensation claim is crucial in having a successful workers compensation claim and gives you the best chance of returning to work after a productive recovery.

Whether you have a minor injury that will heal in a few days, or a major medical condition that may permanently end your career, the right federal doctor can make all the difference in what is covered by the OWCP, and what isn’t. Use FedDoctor for free to find a local doctor that understands the federal workers compensation system. Tell your friends, family, coworkers and union about FedDoctor and let us know if there is no doctor near you, or if you know a great federal doctor that needs to be listed here!

We never want to see anyone injured or struggling with a federal workers compensation claim, but if you are, search our site for information that may change your claim and your life.


Why is it hard to find a federal doctor? Part 4

Monday, September 17th, 2012


Now that the emergency has subsided and you begin the process of visiting your regular doctor, you begin to find that being a federal employee who is hurt on the job, can be a very difficult proposition.

Once you see your doctor and explain the situation, they may be genuinely concerned, but confused on how to proceed. Many doctors do not attempt to help with workers compensation claims at all. They are happy to provide treatment but they have built a practice that does not assist with paperwork. They are allowed to do this! It is your doctor’s business and he/she can run it any way they choose. If they choose to operate a treatment-only practice, that means you need to find a new doctor. Hopefully your doctor can recommend someone else…

Another scenario is that your doctor immediately recognizes your need for a local orthopedic specialist or surgeon and refers you out to their office for further evaluation. Again, you may show up for your appointment only to find that they do not accept work related injury claims and don’t fill out paperwork. You are back to square one.

Commonly, your doctor, or the referred specialist do help with workers compensation claims and are extremely well versed in the laws that govern the state in which you live. Unfortunately, the state laws are very different from the federal law, FECA.

Most doctors do not gear their practices to serve federal employees. And why should they? The federal government and OWCP make it more difficult than most private insurers or state law workers comp. It is also a very small percentage of the overall population. Less than 1 out of every 100 Americans is a federal employee.

A third variable is that a doctor may have had a federal workers compensation claim before. But, if the office staff had trouble with the billing process, or if a requested pre-authorization was denied, the office may have sworn off any future dealings with the OWCP.

To be Continued…


Why is it hard to find a federal doctor? Part 3

Saturday, September 15th, 2012


Now that we have discussed the structure that the government uses to adjudicate work injury claims and the process of filing a new claim, we will begin to discuss why it is hard to find a doctor that is familiar with the federal system.

When the OWCP Claims Examiner opens (if they do not require additional evidence) a new federal workers compensation claim, they accept certain medical conditions as being work related. If you twist your knee and your doctor diagnoses a knee sprain, the claim will be opened and treatment that typically is prescribed is approved at the treating physician’s discretion.

The Claims Examiner notifies the ACS and all medical bills should be sent directly to the ACS through an online portal. If the treatment rendered and billed falls under the normal scope of treatment, it is approved. If not, the doctor’s bill will be rejected. It seems fairly reasonable on paper, doesn’t it?

Unfortunately, it can be much more cumbersome in real life.

If you were to twist your knee on the job and go to a hospital or urgent treatment center, they often will provide you with immediate and necessary care. Once the injury has been determined to be less than life threatening, a frequent recommendation is to ice, take some over-the-counter pain reliever and follow up with your regular doctor at your (or their) earliest convenience.

An MRI is rarely preformed. The rarity is due to many factors, one of which is often the amount of swelling that may be present in the knee. Doctors are often (and rightly so) conservative with these types of treatment plans. No one wants some doctor they barely know to rush them to surgery only to find once they are in the middle of a procedure that it was less than necessary. Most patients, and certainly the insurance company or federal workers compensation office, would be unhappy, to say the least.

To be Continued…

Establishing a Treating Federal Doctor

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012

When a federal employee has a work related injury, the process of establishing the treating physician is very important.

The OWCP generally allows the injured worker to choose who they would like to treat with. The first visit to a health care facility does not automatically name your treating doctor as it may be and urgent care or emergency room visit. Usually, the second visit, or first “office” visit, will establish the doctor that the federal workers compensation office will recognize.

Once you begin your treatment, you will not be authorized to see any other doctors for that job related injury without a direct referral from your treating physician. Your doctor will have to refer you for diagnostics if they do not do them in house, or to another specialist if your conditions require specialized care.

You may request a change in treating physician from the OWCP.  If you have a good reason for the change and at your claims examiner’s discretion, it may be authorized. If your treating doctor releases you, you may search for a new doctor and once you have seen that new physician, they are established as your new “treater.”

As you can see, it is imperative that you choose you new federal doctor wisely. With doctors across they country who take extra care to understand the OWCP, is here to help you make the right choice for your federal workers comp claim.

Start searching now to find a local doctor who understands the federal rules and regulations and can help you get treatment, evaluations, reports and documentation you need to start your recovery. No one asks to be hurt on the job, but you can make sure you get the treatment and benefits that you deserve.

OWCP Forms 101

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012

Which form does what? Of course most federal employees are not familiar with OWCP forms because they’ve never had an on the job injury. But if you or someone you know does ever have an injury, you must know which forms do what!

Here is a quick and simple refreshment to help us all remember some of the most important forms involved with OWCP Federal Workers Compensation claims.

CA-1  Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuance of Compensation

CA-2  Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation

CA-2a  Notice of Recurrence

CA-7  Claim for Compensation (leave without pay, leave buy back, other wages, schedule award)

CA-10  What a federal employee should do when injured at work

CA-17  Duty Status Report

CA-20  Attending Physician’s Report

OWCP-5a  Work Capacity Evaluation Psychiatric/Psychological Conditions

OWCP-5b  Work Capacity Evaluation Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Conditions

OWCP-5c  Work Capacity Evaluation Musculoskeletal Conditions

OWCP-915  Claim for Medical Reimbursement

OWCP-957  Medical Travel Refund Request

There are many more forms that may be used during the course of a federal employees workers compensation claim and you can find the full list and links to these forms here.

If your doctor is not familiar with these forms, share this information with them. It is vitally important to all federal employees with ongoing OWCP workers compensation claims that their doctor understands how to help them keep their ligament claim alive! This again is why exists. To help connect injured federal employees with doctors who understand OWCP.



Orthopedic Surgeon in Beverly Hills Helps Federal Employees!

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012


Great news for Southern California… Dr. Steven Meier at the Center for Progressive Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery helps federal employees! is very proud to help connect injured federal employees with Dr. Steven Meier and his wonderful team.

Dr. Meier’s office is located on the famous Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills, California. His focus is on injures and he is dedicated to providing each patient with highest quality of care possible.

Dr. Meier is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and offers multiple treatment options including therapy, exercise programs, rehabilitation and minimally invasive surgical options. When surgery is necessary, the most current technologies are used which result in less postoperative pain and a faster recovery.

OWCP Federal Workers Compensation claimants are welcome! Dr. Meier has years of experience in helping individuals with work related injuries. He is also familiar with the AMA Guides 6th edition and can help you with your impairment rating examination for your OWCP schedule award.

Visit Dr. Meier’s website at or contact his office directly at (310) 777-7845.



Arizona Injury Medical Associates

Monday, April 30th, 2012

Dr. Adarmes and the whole team over at Arizona Injury Medical Associates are doing an outstanding job for Federal Employees. is very proud to help more Federal Employees connect with their office.



AIMA offers full service pain management, EMG and NCV Studies, second opinion consultations, disability evaluations and comprehensive medical case management.

AIMA also specializes in impairment ratings for all federal employees with OWCP claims from all around the country. The staff and doctors at Arizona Injury Medical Associates care about your physical and emotional well being. With their friendly staff and Double Board Certified Doctors who are experts in injured workers and personal injury victims, you will be in good hands.

Click Here to learn more about their office or go visit their brand new website at!



Dr. Benson has 3 locations in Texas to Help Federal Employees!

Friday, April 27th, 2012

Dr. Les Benson has been treating and helping injured and disabled federal employees for several years.  All federal employees in Texas need to become familiar with Dr. Benson and his excellent team. is very proud to help more federal employees connect with such a great doctor!


When you are an injured federal employee with an accepted OWCP claim, you know if can be very difficult to establish a treating physician.  And it is almost impossible to find one that will “go to bat” for you against the OWCP.  Dr. Benson understands this and can help you. Dr. Benson offers treatment, rehabilitation services, in-house physical therapy, disability and impairment rating examinations, and more.

Dr. Benson currently has offices in Temple, Waco, and Fort Worth.

Learn more about Dr. Benson and how he can help you!



Now you can browse by city

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011

We have recently added a feature to the home page of that allows visitors to browse through the available physician lists by searching in a metropolitan area.

Keep in mind that is always working to find more federal doctors who focus a part of their practice on federal workers compensation treatment. While we currently have doctors covering areas in over twenty states, we want to add more to our network! Keep checking back with us as we are providing useful information and updates on new OWCP doctors.


Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: